Mission & Philosophy
Bethesda Baptist Childcare Center is a ministry of Bethesda Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist Church. The center's main mission is to assist families by providing Christian childcare in order to "train up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6).
It is also to give quality Christian childcare that meets the child's spiritual, mental, and physical needs. We desire to assist parents in leading their children to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ at an early age, therefore setting a foundation for strong Christian walk and life.
The objective of our center is to personally educate each child through the use of a Christian curriculum which prepares them for the developmental stages moving toward the elementary level.
It is stated in 1 Corinthians 13, "love is patient, kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self seeking, not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs, love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth." This center will be considered an extension of a Godly and Christian home and therefore we will work with the parents to meet the good and proper goals they have for their children. It is also to be an arm of the church, leading families into its fellowship. The BCC is to be an ever-burning light for Jesus Christ, sharing his love with all who come in contact with us.
This center offers an enriched program, meeting the highest standard of early childhood education. This program is geared to the individual needs of each child, which we believe to be the following:
They need to...
1. be loved and accepted unconditionally.
2. feel secure by being accepted as a member of a group.
3. develop a positive self image by getting to know one's self.
4. gain approval and receive praise from peers as well as adults.
5. develop independence by assuming responsibilities and making choices.
6. be creative.
7. express ideas and emotions in a constructive way.
8. develop in all areas: social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and intellectual at one's own pace.